Thursday, May 1, 2014

Desire To Inspire Challenge - April 2014 Edition



The Henry Glass team is busy prepping for Quilt Market later on this month. Do make sure that you stop by our booth to see and buy our wonderful new collections. We'll share the details soon.

We are excited to present you with the April Edition of the Desire To Inspire Challenge. [It is May 1st but we think that this was worth the wait!] We sent our challenger a bundle of Shelly Comiskey's "Honey Bee Mine."  Shelly's critters are always so adorable and the prints in this range are colored with some lovely colors including yellow, blue and black. How many ways can you say cute?



The April 2014 Desire To Inspire Challenger is Kristin Brand.  She's from Bloomington, Indiana and she's a talented self-taught quilter. Kristin's project and as usual it was fun to get to know her too! Let's get to the interview.


Tell Us About Your Family
I am married to my wonderful husband Dale and we have one daughter named Bailey

How long have you been quilting?
I started quilting 23 years ago when my mom and I took a hand quilting class where we learned how to hand piece and hand quilt, my mom stuck with it I however did not.  I started quilting again about 9 years ago when my mom and I went to a local quilt show, I purchased a quilt kit and have been quilting ever since.


What's your favorite technique?  
I am learning how to free motion quilt with my home sewing machine, it has been challenging at times but I am having a lot of fun.


Who taught you how to quilt? 
I have taught myself how to piece with the sewing machine, I love to watch videos and I have taken some of the classes on Craftsy.

Do you belong to any guilds? 
No, we do have a local guild, I have gone to a couple of meetings over the years but I have not joined.


Anything else you would like to share with our readers? 
Besides quilting I love to bake and we plant a huge garden every year and I can a lot of your harvest for the winter months.


Thank you so much, Kristin. We love your quilt.


If you want to be considered for the Desire To Inspire Challenge, you can always send us a photo that best illustrates your quilting talent. We will certainly look at your entry.


-hg 

No comments: