Monday, June 22, 2009

Hg Designer Kim Diehl Blogs for US!


I recently returned home from a WAY fun teaching trip to a quilt shop in Victor, New York, called “Ivy Thimble Quilt and Gift Shop” (www.ivythimble.com), where I was given the opportunity to share my quilts and my new Molly’s Meadow collection of fabrics for Henry Glass. We also offered workshops for several projects featuring my invisible machine appliqué method (and here’s where I have to admit to all of you that I’m always thrilled to be able to turn people on to the joys of appliqué). What a blast!

With every workshop, I see students arrive for class with enough sewing paraphernalia to require at least three trips to the car to haul it all inside – looking at all the rolling travel cases and mounds of “stuff” you’d think that they were moving in, but we all know if they left one single thing at home, that would be the one thing they needed and didn’t have!
One of our workshops focused on the quilt design from the Molly’s Meadow line of fabrics, and I can’t tell you how rewarding it was for me to see people embrace the scrappy look of this collection, especially when they saw how the prints work together to completely take the guesswork out of choosing fabrics for scrap quilts.

Am I a lucky girl to be able to spend my days with other quilters who share this passion for cutting up perfectly good fabric and then sewing it all back together? Sometimes I almost have to pinch myself! Next stop is California…who wants to stay home when you can be out sharing the joy of making quilts?

Happy stitching,
Kim ~

No comments: