Friday, March 20, 2009

Blog & Recipe from Barbara Jones of QuiltSoup

Hello All, I am dragging quilts and fabric and lunch to Wyoming tomorrow to teach class. I will take a few pictures of the quilts to post on the blog when I get home. I always take Curried Chicken Salad with me. (See below for my special recipe). It makes a good ladies luncheon or Quilt Group supper. I usually do fresh baked rolls, pineapple and banana chunks for appetizer and brownies for dessert.
Bet you wished you were coming to class don't you? Just kidding.
All the best & Enjoy! Barbara

Cucina's Curried Chicken Salad

Salad
2 lbs chicken breast, cooked and cut into 1 " pieces
4 ribs celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
2 c red grapes, cut in halves
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1/2 c golden raisins

Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
1/4 c half and half
1/2 cup apricot preserves
1/4 c rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp curry powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp white pepper

In large bowl combine chicken, celery, grapes, nuts and raisins. For dressing, combine all dressing ingredients in a small bowl and stir until well blended. Gently fold dressing into chicken mixture. Chill at least 1 hour before serving. Serves 8.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I love chicken salad!! Thanks for sharing your recipe.